Closestack and destroystack

Richard D. Miller wow at together.net
Wed Jan 23 17:06:01 EST 2002

Let's say I've got a stack with one field in it holding data. When another
stack starts up, I want that stack to just grab the data from the first
stack and that's it. I don't want the first stack to stay in memory.

Here's what I've done: created a closestack routine in the data stack. It
contains one line: set the destroystack of me to true.

The main stack starts up and does the following:

put field "data" of stack "data" into datavariable
send closestack to stack "data"

Will that do it? Yes...I've tried this. I just can't be sure the data stack
is actually being purged during runtime. I'm just making sure now by asking
this question.

Thanks.
Richard