Serial Ports with OS X

Gene Kennedy cyberscope at home.com
Wed Jan 23 13:01:01 EST 2002

Bill,

I have not yet moved to OS X yet, so I don't know the answer to your
question.  I am waiting for the dust to settle a bit and have items like
this worked out before I switch.

This probably sounds like Heresy, but you might inquire about this over
at the REALbasic user group list.  I believe I saw a post there a while
back explaining that Apple had neglected serial port support when
developing OS X and that it wasn't going to be an easy fix.  I don't
know that this is true, I am only relaying what I saw elsewhere.

Quite frankly, I am currently working with a couple of iMacs (333MHz, OS
8.6) and plan to make the move to OS X when I can purchase a new iBook.

regards,
Gene Kennedy