hiding Data

Richard D. Miller wow at together.net
Tue Jan 22 10:12:00 EST 2002

I believe the limit per field is 64k, but I'd like to know if that's not the
case.

If I was to put the 7 mb of data into the custom property of a stack, for
example, I suppose I could open it as invisible at startup. The question is,
would accessing a particular item in that data be any slower than if the
data was just sitting in a global variable? Or it is better to open that
stack at startup, read the data from the custom property into a variable,
and then close the stack (with its destroystack set to true)?

Thanks.
Richard