How do modal dialog stacks interfere with main stack?

yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Tue Jan 22 10:01:01 EST 2002

>I was trying to figure out how a modal dialog stack interferes with
>the main stack, so I looked it up in the documentation (Transcript
>dict.: dialogData). There was the advise to take a look at te
>license.rev stack, but the script of that (main)stack is
>password-protected. So I still don't know. Any suggestions?
>
>Terry

its' a fantastic way to manage DLOG
You can place in the dialogData just anything you want

in your script before calling the Modal stack :

set the dialogDat to xx&","&yy --and so on
go to stack "MyDLOG"

on the preopenstack of the DLOG stack

put item 1 of the dialogData into fld a of stack "MyDLOG"
put item 1 of the dialogData into fld b of stack "MyDLOG"

--so you can pre-fill some flds in your DLOG stack

in the cancel btn of your DLOG stack :
set the DialogData to empty

in the OK btn of your DLOG stack :
set the DialogData to fld aa&","&fld bb --and so on

in the script which calls the DLOG you go further
if the dialogsata = empty then -- the user clicked cancel
exit to top
end if
put item 1 of the dialogData into varOne
put item 2 of the dialogData into varTwo

--and so on

cheers
--
Greetings.