Re Hiding Data

Richard D. Miller wow at together.net
Mon Jan 21 20:03:01 EST 2002

John:

> Do you need to save and access the data file.
I need to read it into memory at startup. I don't need to write to it.

>You could put the data file
> into another rev stack.That way it can not be access by other. Place a field
> on one card then put the data in that field. If the data is to big maybe
> different cards. Then when you need the data call it from your main stack.
I believe the maximum per field is 64k. That would take very many fields
(over 100), and I think too long to read into memory initially.

> You need to do a little bit more codeing to access the stack. It needs to be
> in the default folder or else it needs to be loaded into memory.
>

> on getdata
> put line 2 of field "data" of card 1 of stack "datafile" into var
> -- do what ever with the data
> end getdata
>
> Another idea put the data file somewhere else. Win: in the window file. Mac:
> Pref file.
Still too easy for folks to get at. This data file is the heart of my
program (it took six years to put together).

Other ideas?
Richard