messages to buttons when the mouse is already down

Michael J. Lew michaell at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Jan 21 17:53:01 EST 2002

I would like to track the movement of the mouse through an array of
buttons by hilighting each button that the mouse (button already
down) passes over. However, the mouseEnter, mouseMove, mouseWithin
messages are only sent to the first button because that button
receives the mouseDown event and is the target. Similarly the
mouseControl function (yes, it took me a couple of tries to notice
that it was a function and not a message!) only returns the target.

How can I get the other buttons to hilight without requiring the user
to click each individually?

--
Michael J. Lew

Senior Lecturer