Database and standalone

cowhead cowhead at ztv.ne.jp
Mon Jan 21 08:17:01 EST 2002

Yves wrote:

I have a stack with many filled flds full of data
I've built the stack in a standalone
Now I'd like to change the program.
How can I modify (update) my standalone without loosing the data ?
I have worked on the scripts in a .rev file but how can I recover the
data from the standalone ?

When you built the standalone, did you choose the option "save substacks
in separate data folder"?  If you want to save the data, you have to do
this anyway, as far as I can tell.  Your standalone main stack
should/could be nothing more than a title (and of course a menu/buttons
to get at the substacks).  The substacks are where you want the
meat/data to be kept.  If these are saved in a separate folder, they
remain stacks and your data can be saved by your standalone while it is
running.  Subsequently, Revolution can still open and play with them.
Just choose "open stack" , go into the 'data' folder of your standalone,
then the 'components' and the substacks should appear.
Good luck.
mark mitchell
japan