copy a image/binary file on a mac - digression

Klaus Major k_major at osnabrueck.netsurf.de
Sun Jan 20 08:07:00 EST 2002

Hi David,

> Well, I'm on a Mac (OS X 10.1.2) and I get the funny "Š" as well. Mine
> have a little mark atop them. Perhaps it is a PC mail handler in
> between us. No worries. What with Yves testing my French and Klaus
> calling on Latin (and happily not saying so in Deutsch)  this site is
> fascinatingly diverse as well as informative.
>
> cheers
> David

i am also working with OS X and see the capital s with a funny litte hat
on top of it.

You can turn it off if you are using the "Mail" app on OS X.

Menu: Format -> Text-Coding -> Westernxxx(ISO Latin1)
(Mabe the name of the menuitems differ a bit, i have a german system)

Unfortunately the OS X mailapp does not have a preference for setting
the textcoding. So you have to set it for every message maually everytime
you display it...

And it even cannot decode "AppleDouble" encoded messages, the default
setting
of "Outlook Express/Entourage" in OS 9.xx.

But thats another story... ;-)

Regards

Klaus Major
k_major at osnabrueck.netsurf.de