Printing field text

yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Sat Jan 19 11:12:01 EST 2002

>Hello,
>Do you know how i can print just the content (text) of a field, and not the
>complete card, with the command "print"?
>
>Thanx
>
>AD

_

Simply use "revPrintField fieldDescriptor"

BUT !

1) use first :
revShowPrintDialog true,true -- shows both dialogs
so you can use the page setUp Dialog and the Print Dialog

2) fieldDescriptor = something like : the name of field "xxx"
and not fld "xxx"

3) if you want some text before or after your field then use "revPrintText" :

--put something into myTx
put myTx into toPrint
put return & fld "xxx" after toPrint
put whatever into theHeader
put the short date into theFooter

revPrintText ToPrint, theHeader, theFooter

That's one way to perfomr it
There are other possibilities
But I find that the print possibilities of revolution are limited.
I used "PrintReport" XCMD in hypercard with much more formating possibilities.
I hope it comes soonŠ!

Cheers
--
Greetings.