Does destroystack work?

Richard D. Miller wow at together.net
Sat Jan 19 08:35:01 EST 2002

I'd like to know the verdict on destroystack. I simply cannot get it to work
in the development environment in OS9. Does it work during Runtime on a Mac?
Does it work properly in Windows...during development and runtime?

I've got several thousand images I prefer to imbed in relatively small
stacks, rather than leave on the CD as external files. I need to copy an
image from one of those stacks into my main stack without having that image
stack stay in memory. I've got the destroystack and destroywindow in each
image stack, set to operate on the closestack command. My main stack copies
the image then sends a closestack command to each image stack. But the
memory remains unpurged (at least according to the revloadedstacks function
in Mac OS9 development and the Application Overview window).

Feedback on this problem would be appreciated. If this isn't a reliable way
of going, I'll have to stay with external files.

Thanks.
Richard Miller