replacetext

Mike McManus mcmanusm at kramergraphics.com
Fri Jan 18 08:21:59 EST 2002

Why does the line

replaceText((line n of textToParse),"red","blue")

always generate the error:  Expression: missing ')' before factor. The
error comes up with or without the internal parans, and if I use a
variable instead of a chunk. I even get it when I use a simple quoted
string.

What am I missing here. It seems I ran into this before using one of the
search or replace commands and I ended up using another command. But I
really need the regex here.

ideas?

Oh...II love having hyercard tools back in my life. Thanks!!!