play player on openCard

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jan 16 23:38:01 EST 2002

OK, so I finally managed to find out how to play a player object
(couldn't locate the relevant info in the transcript dictionary) but
now I'm having trouble getting it to play in an openCard handler. It
seems my problem stems from the fact that I'm using a lock and unlock
screen for the card to card transition. If I remove this, the player
plays just fine - with it, nothing happens. Is there any way to work
around this?

Terry...

As an aside, despite indications to the contrary in the Transcript
dictionary, issuing a play vidioClip playerName command seems to
work. Why?

Dr Terry Judd

Lecturer in Instructional Design / Multimedia Developer
Biomedical Multimedia Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne
Email: t.judd at bmu.unimelb.edu.au
Phone: 03 9344 0187
Fax: 03 9344 4998