Help with videoclips

Charles Silverman csilverm at acs.ryerson.ca
Tue Jan 15 12:26:01 EST 2002

Is there any way to get the following to work?

on mouseup
  play videoclip "tempfile1"
  repeat
    if movie() = "done" then exit repeat
    end repeat
end mouseup

I'm running off a Powerbook Pismo with 384 megs lots of hard drive space and
Mac OS 9.2.

The file is a quicktime audio recording that I'm saving as a videoclip.
I was able to get this working earlier. I'm trying to create my own
"callbacks" approach for the embedded audio files. Any insights/help
appreciated.

Here's another, slightly different problem. If I record and then import in
the same handler, it doesn't work.

on mouseup
  get flushevents("all")
  put the seconds into tStart
  record sound file "tempfile1" as "MAC3" with good quality
  set the endvalue of scrollbar 1 to 6
  set the thumbpos of scrollbar 1 to 0
  repeat
    set the thumbpos of scrollbar 1 to (the seconds - tStart)
    if the seconds - tStart > 6 or the mouse is down then exit repeat
  end repeat
  stop recording
  import videoclip from file "tempfile1"
end mouseup

But if I reference another handler in place of the import line, it works.

Both these things feel like bug/timing problems.

All/any help appreciated.

Charles Silverman