Evaluating Revolution for SQL front-end

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Sun Jan 13 23:07:24 EST 2002

On 8/1/02 1:02 pm, Environ Group <environgroup at mac.com> wrote:

> At this point, I am just trying to figure out whether or not Revolution has
> what it takes and the approximate cost of development.
>
> How can I quickly determine whether or not Revolution could be used as a
> front-end to a postgreSQL database on a OSX server? What are the limitations
> compared to other SQL front-ends for OSX?

At present we are missing driver support for accessing databases on OS X.
Some types of database access will appear on OS X in the next beta of 1.1.1
shortly.  Direct access to postgresql is planned soon, at present you can
access it via ODBC on most OS platforms.  Don't forget that the cross-grade
offer includes updates for a year so you will get access to any features we
add.

> Any resources available or demo's you would suggest?

Check out the Help tab in the Database Manager.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.