Is it soup yet?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sun Jan 13 03:03:01 EST 2002

At 3:21 AM -0800 1/11/2002, Graham Samuel wrote:
>>On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:50:11 -0800 Ken Norris
>><pixelbird at interisland.net> wrote:
>>Should I go ahead and trash 1.1 and DL 1.1.1 beta instead, and go ahead and
>>use it for development?
>
>I'd like to know the answer to this as well - I'm used to the idea
>that 'beta' implies 'not guaranteed to be working at industrial
>strength yet, but good enough for people to use and help the
>developer find the last few problems' - but it appears that this
>isn't what is meant in Revo's case.

It's more that 1.1.1 is a maintenance release, with very few new or changed
features. We've concentrated on bugfixing and improving stability for this
release, and we don't have a lot of new features this time to be "beta-y"
in quality. In other words, as a general rule, you're right that beta
software is as you describe, but in the case of this particular release
you'll see improvements in stability even at the beta stage.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!