Some kind of memory/purge error

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 11 14:10:01 EST 2002

I have encountered this as well--dating back to v 1.0, although I have been ascribing it to my inability to conceptualize how Rev handles stacks vs stack files in memory.  To me the whole issue of memory purging (or non-purging) is probably the single most frustrating problem with Rev--mainly because I am having trouble figuring out whether my actions are the problem or whether Rev is"'at fault."

Sometimes I just purge then quit out of Rev, restart and then check Application Overview just to make sure everything is gone.

Thanks, Richard,  for putting into encapsulated form the problem I've been trying, albeit not always successfully, to work around.

A specific request for the RunRev folks:  I would find it immensely useful to be able to have all of my stack files have a main stack with the same generic name (for example MainApp) and have Rev not appear to get confused when I try to go from one stack file to another--as Richard set forth.  Is this possible? Or is it already there but I'm making some sort of error and not getting setting things up the way they should be?

Marian
(PS sorry if my post is not as detailed as it should be but I've had no time to work with Rev in the last 2 months so details escape me.)