Some kind of memory/purge error

Richard D. Miller wow at together.net
Fri Jan 11 12:55:01 EST 2002

I'm encountering several problems with proper purging of stacks. Here's the
simplest example:

I have several stacks open (some are substacks).
I close one stack (which has the destroystack and destroywindow commands in
it)
I check the revloadedstacks function and the Application Overview...both
show the stack as being purged. No sign of it.
I go to open a different stack which has the SAME stack name (but a
different file name).
I immediately get a dialog box asking what I want to do with the previous
stack (i.e. which has the same stack name).

This appears to be some kind of bug in the program. It is causing an
inability to properly purge stacks from memory, as I'm continually opening
and closing numerous stacks but some are not being fully purged. Obviously,
it doesn't take long before I've got a serious memory problem.

Is there a workaround for this, and has anyone else encountered it? Is this
a known bug?

Thanks.
Richard Miller