finding the folder of a standalone

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu Jan 10 19:20:01 EST 2002

In a standalone, use "the address". This returns "computer name:path of
current application".

In development mode, this gives you the path to the Revolution app so you
need to use a different method. Here is the script I use:

if the environment = "development" then
  put word 2 to -1 of the long name of \
    stack (the mainStack of this stack) into appPath
  replace quote with "" in appPath
else
  set the itemDel to ":"
  put item 2 of the address into appPath
end if

This returns the complete path to the application, so you need to strip off
the final section if you just want the folder name.

Sarah