Regular expressions

David Beck davethebrv at mac.com
Wed Jan 9 22:55:01 EST 2002

1) Where can I find some documentation on Revs implementation of regular
expressions?

2) (related) I'm trying to convert the HTMLText of a field to standard HTML.
Everything is peachy except that the font sizes go amuck because HTML
doesn't use point sizes. So I'm looking for a way to convert the point sizes
in the HTMLText of the field to standard HTML 1-9 sizes. I would like to do
a replace like:

replaceText "<font size=x>" with "<font size=" & f(x) & ">"

where f(x) returns an approximate conversion from point to HTML font sizes.
If there is not a way to do this with Rev's regular expressions, does anyone
have another solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Dave