Card vs Sub Stack?

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Wed Jan 9 10:23:01 EST 2002

am 07.01.2002 20:52 Uhr schrieb use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
unter use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com:

> At 3:33 PM +0000 1/7/02, Ben Rubinstein wrote:
>> My $0.02, FWIW: I have an application such as this, and used seperate
>> substacks for each type, mainly so that the different types could be edited
>> in different windows.  It turned out that while some of my users appreciated
>> this, some found it made their lives more confusing, and I ended up having
>> to implement a 'pin windows' functionality which made all windows the same
>> size and position (so that you could only see one at a time) and which
>> arranged that when in this mode, dragging any (obviously the front most)
>> would drag the others to the same position (so that they remained hidden
>> behind it).  In effect this was reverting to the position of having separate
>> cards of one stack.
>>
>> Depending on your userbase, more functionality may not imply more
>> productivity.
>
> Note that you can avoid this by using:
>
> go stack "someOtherStack" in the window of this stack
>
> That way only one stack window will ever be open, and you don't have to manage
> a bunch of windows.
>
> regards,
>
> Geoff

Thats it! I made all muy trainingsmap©-appl´s in this way, but with seperate
stacks - not substacks... (that´s better to change, share, exchange or
update parts of appl, if this is important for your project later on).
Thats imho the best way to design a real userfriendly one-window UI. There
is only one thing you have have to watch: "go back to the last visited card"
If the card is in another stack, needs a different script like I expected.
(This does not say much;) I can mail it to you...

My €0.02

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©  and outliner

INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com
wmb at internettrainer.com