installing quicktime?

Niklas Almesjö niklas_almesjo at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 09:47:01 EST 2002

Hallo,
Just thought I'd ask about the best way to install
Quicktime. I'll let the user choose if he wants to
start the installer locally, or download the installer
(..suppose I'll just start up a browser at
apple.com/quicktime/download for the latter)
Now the tough part. What do I do while the installer
is running (or being downloaded)? thought about
pausing the program, put up a waiting for quicktime to
be installed, and having a check every two seconds or
so that checks "the qtversion"? does "the qtversion"
get updated when the installer has quit?
- kinda messy to try these things with trial and error
so any tips are welcome,
thanks,
/Niklas