Finding

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun Jan 6 17:11:00 EST 2002

>> I think you want the behavior of the Transcript Dictionary search function.
>> There is a way to look at that script but I can't remember it. I'm sure
>> someone else on this list will know how.
> I'd like to know more about the Transcript Dictionary search function.

Here is the relevant script from the Transcript dictionary. This script is
executed when the popup is set to scroll. "me" is the contents of the field
where you type what you want to scroll to.

put lineOffset(return & me, field "List") + 1 into currentLine
if currentLine > 1 then -- typed field matches a line
    set the hilitedLines of field "List" to currentLine
    set the scroll of field "List" to \
        (currentLine - 1) * the effective textHeight of field "List"
end if

Cheers,
Sarah