Card vs Sub Stack?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Sat Jan 5 19:07:01 EST 2002

At 9:23 AM -0800 1/5/02, Rob Cozens wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>In an application where each card serves as the user interface to a file of
>records (ie: there is one card per record type rather than one card per
>record a la HyperCard rolodex), what are the pros & cons of creating the
>cards as individual substacks vs all cards in a single stack?
>
>As you may have noted from my reply to Richard Miller, I'm not particularly
>concerned with memory implications, and even a foole like moi can see the
>substack approach makes several more stack scripting spaces available; but
>beyond that is it just six of one vs a half dozen of the other?

Off the top of my head, having separate substacks allows you to customize a few things more easily than just having separate cards. Specifically, window size and style, at least. Also, having separate substacks allows you to have more than one visible at a time.

On the card side, it allows you to share properties and behaviors more easily, and makes your project simpler.

regards,

Geoff