OSX Rev on classic stack?

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Sat Jan 5 14:42:01 EST 2002

On 1/1/02 4:36 pm, cowhead <cowhead at ztv.ne.jp> wrote:

> Happy new year all!  I finally got a mac with OSX, so I used the carbon
> version of Rev to open some stacks made with the classic version of
> Metacard.  Some of the stacks opened and performed quite well.  Others
> behaved bizarrely and one appears to have had all controls wiped clean.
> It became a stack of blank cards.  So is this not supported?  If you
> want to make a stack (not a stand alone) that will run in both
> environments do you have to make 2 kinds of stacks, both classic and
> OSX?  Or I suppose you could make exclusively 'classic' and not supply
> the OSX engine to that computer?  (If you click directly on a 'classic'
> stack (eg, made with the classic engine) under OSX, it automatically
> opens the OSX engine, rather than the classic.)
>
> I'm having trouble finding the documentation on this.  Any help would be
>
> greatly appreciated.

This should work - and it should work transparently.  Is it possible the
problem is related to a change in version rather than a change in platform?
For example, did you move a 1.0 stack to 1.1 where some behavior might be
slightly different?  If you're having problems with a specific stack and
can't figure it out, please send it to me off-list.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.