error messages diatribe

Arthur Evans Jr evans at evans.pgh.pa.us
Fri Jan 4 09:30:01 EST 2002

I said

and at 18:54 +0900 2002.01.04, cowhead wrote:

>But then you would actually consult it each time?  It's much easier to
>just always customize your variable names.  I use variables like 'time'
>and 'player' all the the time, but I customize them as zaTime and
>zaPlayer (because I like to script in a German/Japanese accent).  I have
>automatically done this ever since the first time I was 'nailed' by this
>same error.

You're right, of course.  The problem here is dealing with
Hypercard scripts that were written long before I ever heard of Rev.

Thanks to those who suggested colorizing.  I've been colorizing
scripts as I edit them, but I hadn't thought actually to USE these
colors for this purpose.  Duhhhh...

Art Evans