use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #229 - 12 msgs

Jacqueline Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Feb 26 21:23:01 EST 2002

On Tuesday, February 26, 2002, at 06:54 PM, Scott Raney wrote:

> I must be missing something: the engine *never* centers a selection,
> and the only time it changes the scroll at all is if you select a line
> with a script that would not otherwise be visible in the field.

Maybe it's me that missing something instead. But in all versions of MC up
until the current beta, clicking on a visible line in the Control Browser
would bounce that line to the middle of the field. In Ken's 8-line field
example, if lines 1 to 4 were visible and I clicked on line 4, it would
scroll to the position that line 2 used to hold -- at least in the Control
Browser. Since I could find no scripts in the browser to control the
behavior I assumed it was in the engine. Maybe its in a backscript
somewhere instead.

Note this is for visible lines, not hidden lines, and not when scripting a
selection but when clicking on one. No other UI allows that behavior that
I know of.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com