Help please?

Ian Summerfield iansummerfield at btconnect.com
Tue Feb 26 20:16:01 EST 2002

Try this, you'll have to introduce a wait, otherwise on today's fast
computers it all happens within a fraction of a second that you don't see
it!  Unlock screen should redraw the screen.

on mouseDown
  repeat 45 times
    lock screen
    set the textSize of character 4 of line 1 of field "Txtfield1" to 8
    unlock screen
    wait 5 ticks
    lock screen
    set the textSize of character 4 of line 1 of field "Txtfield1" to 24
    unlock screen
    wait 5 ticks
  end repeat
end mousedown

On 27/2/02 12:41 am, "Sam Griffith" <staypufd at gte.net> scribed:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to find out how to get a text field to redisplay during a
> handler?  Below is the code I want to do. It animates a character getting
> bigger and smaller 45 times.  Any help would be appreciated....
>
> on mouseDown
> repeat 45 times
>   set the textSize of character 4 of line 1 of field "Txtfield1" to 8
>
> -- want the text field to update before doing this
>
>   set the textSize of character 4 of line 1 of field "Txtfield1" to 24
> end repeat
> end mousedown
>

> --
> Sam Griffith Jr.
> email:      staypufd at mac.com
> Web site:   http://homepage.mac.com/staypufd/index.html

----------------------------------
Ian Summerfield
Macintosh Consultant - Hastings UK
ICQ: 4378866

     This E-mail is from Ian Summerfield's home system.

     The contents and any attachments to it include information that is
     private and confidential and should only be read by those persons to
     whom they are addressed. Ian accepts no liability for any loss
     or damage suffered by any person arising from the use of this e-mail.
     Ian does not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your
     responsibility to check the email and attachments (if any).

     If you have received this e-mail in error, please destroy and delete
     the message from your computer.