Printing with revPrintField

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Mon Feb 25 10:45:01 EST 2002

Greetings once again,

I am trying to print a field with text formatted into columns.  The columns
are set by setting the tabStops.  It looks great on screen, and "print card"
prints it just fine.  However, when I use:

revShowPrintDialog true,true
revPrintField the name of field "tText"

It prints, but the columns are no longer formatted properly.  Am I doing
something wrong?

Here's what I think is going on... If you set the tabStops to
"72,162,267,348,477" for example, then the first parameter is 72, one inch
on screen.  However, I think that Revolution is not considering the dpi of
the printer.  So, if you print to a 300 dpi printer, 72 is no linger an
inch.  Am I right?  Is this a bug?  Or do I suffer from cranial-rectal
inversion?

Thank you!

Dan Friedman