Polling the mouse state

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Feb 23 21:15:01 EST 2002

Recently, Ken Norris (dialup) wrote:

>> on mouseRelease
>> mouseUp
>> end mouseRelease
> ----------
> Is this some kind of backup redundancy for PC's? As far as I know, the
> mouseUp message gets sent automatically when you release the mouse, and
> doesn't need a separate handler.

You need this handler in case the mouse is released when it falls outside
the rect of the dragged object.  You risk missing the mouseUp event if you
don't include this handler.

>> BTW, did you look at the drag example I posted a few days ago?
>>
>> http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/drag_sample.mc
> ----------
> I haven't yet. I couldn't get it to DL. I'm using a Mac. I'll try again
> later.

I use Macs as well.  Just control click the link and choose "Download link
to disk" or equivalent.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director