CompileIt! was cool

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Feb 23 12:12:41 EST 2002

>how do we get xcmds to work in Revolution? Do
>I really need to recompile them? I cannot get any of my custom externals to
>work at all (do they need to be 'ResEdited' into Revolution?).

Hi John,

I don't know how it works in WindNix, but on Macs I believe you must,
indeed, insert the external into the resource fork of some stack before you
can use it.  The stack with the externals can be your main stack or a
library stack that other stacks start using whenver they need the external.
Since Revolution is supposed to be able to open & convert  HyperCard
stacks, it might be possible to simply start using the HC stack the the
external in you Revolution stack.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company