Return all paths, recursively to deepest level

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Feb 23 00:42:11 EST 2002

Aloha:

I think about 2 years ago Kevin or Richard  sent me a script that would
return the full path for all folders and files, recursively down from the
current working directory... but I can't seem to find that script... Also I
can't seem to find the archives any more for the metacard card list serve...

Does anyone have such a script? One could use Rinaldi's getDir external, and
just replace the ":" with "/" in the list returned but that would not be
cross platform...  the returned output from the function would look like
this:

MyHardDrive/MetaCard 2.3.1/  KT Stacks
MyHardDrive/MetaCard 2.3.1/  KT Stacks/ INNERSEARCH
MyHardDrive/MetaCard 2.3.1/  KT Stacks/ INNERSEARCH/Drums hi 2
MyHardDrive/MetaCard 2.3.1/  KT Stacks/ INNERSEARCH/Drums hi fidelity.aiff
MyHardDrive/MetaCard 2.3.1/  KT Stacks/ INNERSEARCH/images
MyHardDrive/MetaCard 2.3.1/  KT Stacks/ INNERSEARCH/images/0616001 Ocean Sky
.pict
MyHardDrive/MetaCard 2.3.1/  KT Stacks/Dev Tools-Practice
MyHardDrive/MetaCard 2.3.1/  KT Stacks/Dev Tools-Practice/heim2.mc

etc. down through to the deepest sub folder and it's files.

TIA

Hinduism Today

Sivakatirswami
Editor's Assistant/Production Manager
katir at hindu.org
www.HinduismToday.com, www.HimalayanAcademy.com,
www.Gurudeva.org, www.hindu.org

Read The Master Course Lesson of the Day at
http://www.gurudeva.org/lesson.shtml