Problem with Launch Command

William T. Simmons tsimmons at employmentlawadvisors.com
Wed Feb 20 23:19:01 EST 2002

Peter,
I haven't had time to test this, but just to give you a possible idea to
use, try adding appropriate scripts to a substack and a main stack to do the
following:  1) open Acrobat Reader from the substack (perhaps a splash
screen stack), 2) open your main stack, 3) close the substack, and then 4)
use launch commands from the main stack to open multiple PDFs within the
existing instance of Acrobat Reader. It seems to me that using the substack
in that way would be the equivalent of opening the reader outside of the
stack from which you're going to be launching the multiple PDFs. I'm sure
you'd have to close the substack first in order to achieve that effect. I'd
be interested in hearing whether that route works for you.
HTH,
Tommy Simmons
Employment Law Advisory Network
www.employmentlawadvisors.com