Will the script editing quirks be fixed?

Terry Vogelaar terry at discovery.nl
Tue Feb 19 23:29:01 EST 2002

> Am I the only one suffering from the problem of the auto completion of
> things like "on repeat" putting the "end repeat" before another line:
>
> Put 1 into x
> Put 2 into y
>
> If I type on repeat between the two:
>
> Put 1 into x
> On repeat
> Put 2 into y
>
> Revolution puts in:
>
> Put 1 into x
> On repeat
>
> End repeatput2 into y

The "problem" is actually a handy feature which looks like a bug when you
don't know what happens. If you type "repeat" and a return, the "end repeat"
is automatically filled in, because the repeat has to end somewhere.

The solution is very simple: don't position the cursor before line two, but
after line one. Then you begin with a return and then you type "on repeat".

BTW, don't you just mean "repeat"? Because when you write "on repeat", you
are making a new handler called "repeat", while you probably just want to
have something repeated...

Terry