Will the script editing quirks be fixed?

David Vaughan drvaughan55 at mac.com
Tue Feb 19 20:07:01 EST 2002

Ian

Puzzling.

I can replicate your problem only by positioning the cursor at the start
of the second line (before the "P" in "Put 2 into y" in your example),
in which case the behaviour is hardly surprising.

If I position the cursor at the end of the prior line, after the "x" and
press return and "on repeat" (which looks like your example and is what
I ordinarily do for any new line) then behaviour is perfectly normal,
placing the closure statement on a line before the next existing line.

These seem reasonable behaviours, and since they happen about where you
are typing I am a little surprised you do not notice it at the time. I
am quite happy for the Rev people not to spend any time on this issue
before finalising 1.1.1, which in beta form has proven more stable than
the 1.1.0 release.

regards
David