Detecting Network Running

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Feb 19 10:44:01 EST 2002

on 18/2/02 3:50 PM, Peter Reid at preid at reidit.co.uk wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out a method of checking whether the currently
> running standalone app developed in Rev is running from a local or
> network drive.  I want to be able to licence my software separately
> for local vs network use.
>
> ..snip...
>
> Anyone got any suggestions for both Mac and Windows?

Not both, but one: on the Mac, you can use AppleScript to ask the Finder to
inspect the "local volume" attribute, eg
    tell application "Finder"
        get the local volume of disk "Macintosh HD"
    end tell

On Windows... no idea.

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866