Scrollbar

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Sun Feb 17 15:35:01 EST 2002

> No, I don't see, I think you don't understand what I mean: I use a
scrollbar
> in fact a scale. I want that only three positions are possible.
> You see? Like a switch with the sound "clic-clic-clic" each time that a
> position is passed.
>
> So how is it possible
>>>

>> Just drag the scrollbar "bigger" until the value appears under the
>> scrollbar...
> OK! I'm a little stupid! :=)

I could not do it either... exactly, so this was my attempt.
In the properties of the scrollbar, I set the Start Value to 1 and the End
Value to 3.
No matter what, the arrow that indicates thumbPosition did not "snap" to
the absolute position of 1, 2, or 3.
So I made a Plus and Minus button which contained this script

on mouseUp
  if the name of me = "+" then
       set the thumbPosition of sb "SB1" to (the thumbPosition of sb "SB1")
+1
    else
       set the thumbPosition of sb "SB1" to (the thumbPosition of sb "SB1")
-1
  end if
end mouseUp

That works, but not when dragging the actual arrow of the Scrollbar.

~Roger Eller  <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>