Repeats and mouse events

J. Scott Saults saultsj at missouri.edu
Wed Feb 13 17:11:01 EST 2002

I'll try to resist the urge to SHOUT, but, as far as I can tell, the
transcript dictionary has "piss poor" documentation of the mouse function.
Is there any documentation available of how the mouse function actually
works that would predict or explain the behavior of the mouse in the loop
script mentioned by Ian Summerfield ? Anyone converting projects from
HyperCard or SuperCard might encounter this issue and wonder what is going
on. Or is this unexpected and unpredictable behavior simply punishment for
"piss poor technique"? Will similar behavior occur with other functions,
like keysdown(), optionKey(), etc.? Perhaps just removing the mouse
function would be better than misleading or mystifying users about how it
might work.

I'm sure there's better documentation somewhere that I just  haven't found.
Thanks for the clarification.

Scott Saults