displaying a web image

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Feb 13 12:13:00 EST 2002

At 4:02 PM -0800 2/12/02, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:
>At 3:53 PM -0800 2/12/2002, Devin Asay wrote:
>>I know this has been addressed here before, but I've been unable to
>>locate the message.
>>
>>How do I display an image from a web server in an image object?
>
>Set its filename property to the image's URL:
>
>  set the filename of image "My Image" to "http://www.example.org/image.gif"

Thanks, Jeanne.  I was trying to include the URL keyword before the
file name.  But here is a new problem.  The first time I set the
filename of the image to a URL on a web server it works fine.  But if
I try to set it to a different web URL it sticks with the first
image, no matter what.  It will let me set the filename to anything I
want, but the image displayed does not change UNLESS I set the
filename of the image to a local file.  Then it displays that image
file no problem.  Here's where it gets weird:  If I try to set the
filename back to any image on any web server, it only displays the
first web image set, every time.  If I save, close and relaunch the
stack it will then, finally, display the last web image set.

This is consistent in Rev 1.1.1b1 for Mac OS X and OS 9.2.  It
appears to be a bug.  Can anyone else confirm this and/or tell me
what I'm doing wrong?

Devin
--
Devin Asay