Rotatable fields?

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Thu Feb 7 10:40:00 EST 2002

>> I also recently had a need for this. I wanted to rotate a button 90
>> degrees and have the label rotate with it. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.
>----------
>Why do you need to rotate the actual button? Just rotate a graphic under a
>transparent button.

For the reasons that I and Roger stated. It *does* work to create a
graphic label and group it to a button, but if you have a lot of these
(for example, in my app I need to have a row of buttons across the top
and a row down the left side--these are the ones I need rotated) and you
need to change the label or background color, it's a lot of graphics
editing. And forget being able to change the label on the fly.

Believe me, being able to rotate buttons or fields and have the labels
and text rotate would be very useful. And at this point, I'd be happy
with simply 90 degree rotational increments. :-)

Howard Bornstein