Mac error: Build Distribution - Error 1010

Ian Summerfield iansummerfield at btconnect.com
Thu Feb 7 10:21:00 EST 2002

I have a stack/project that I can't open using Revolution 1.1.1 Classic, 1.1
Classic, but can open in the OS X 1.1.1 that created it.   If I build the
distribution version for PPC (where it needs to be) then that will give the
same error when opening, i.e. 1010.  It's very frustrating as I've finished
the project but can't distribute it!  Has anyone else seen this problem?
Anyone fancy trying to build me a distribution PPC version?

You can get the stack here:

http://homepage.mac.com/macabilityuk/FileSharing1.html

It's called "Auto Quit.rev"

The stack was written to do quit our First Class internet server at 5am each
day, and run it up again at 7am.   We have to do this to ensure it can be
backed up (i.e. No busy files).   As a bonus it works as a "keep it up" and
a "keep it down",  i.e. It will ensure the program selected keeps running
during the period it is supposed to, and will ensure it does run during the
period it isn't supposed to.  I also introduced a delayed launched,  this is
because we have Vicomsoft on the same machine,  if Firstclass launches at
boot time before Vicomsoft has finished loading it will not be available on
the network,  the delay solves this problem.

Originally I wrote this in HyperCard.   AppleScripts have been used because
the processes running reported by RR do not clear if you actually quit the
process outside of RR.

You may modify and do what you want with the code,  if you're nice you might
give me some credit!