Preopenstack confusion

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Feb 6 11:48:01 EST 2002

>How do I set a clean-up operation to work when a stack is first
>opened, but not when I change to another stack such as a substack or
>even the documentation?

Hi Michael,

As others have already posted, you can set a global flag, field variable,
or custom property to indicate whether the stack was previously opened
during the session.  Obviously, if you go for options 2 or 3, you have the
problem of when and how to reset the field or property value: you can't
reset it on closeStack.  Since your desire is to monitor stack status
throughout the session, a global will work best because it is "reset"
automatically when the runtime engine quits.

There is another option:  lock messages before returning to the stack and
script any needed preOpen/OpenStack functions into the script that returns
to the stack.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company