Employee Database Tutorial "broken" on OS X?

ncollins at hih.com.au ncollins at hih.com.au
Tue Feb 5 16:59:00 EST 2002

Yes, it's a bit weird.

> First, there is a mongo button covering up the majority of the data
> entry fields. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is or why
> it's there but it sure makes the stack ugly and almost unusable.

This is the image button, click on it to select an image. The image is
meant to appear on or over the button, but this doesn't seem to always
work in the OS X version either.

> Second, there's no place for pictures.
>
> Third, the tutorial says we can use the images in the sub-folder in
> the tutorials folder using the "picture feature" but I'm darned if I
> can find that feature anywhere on the menu bars in the app.

See above...

> Finally, if I have a few new employees defined and then I import from
> a text file, it clobbers all but the first employee I've added
> without so much as a by-your-leave or a confirmation dialog

Haven't tried this, however as a demo app I wouldn't be surprised if it
was a bit lite-on when it comes to error handling and confirmation boxes.

--
Neal Collins