Using a graphic instead of the standard window shape

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Mon Feb 4 10:52:01 EST 2002

>> Does anyone know if it is possible to use a graphic image (gif, jpg,
etc.)
>> as the actual window of a stack? What I have in mind is similar to
Windows
>> Media Player's skins. In other words, I don't want the window to have
sharp
>> corners. Thanks in advance.
> ----------
> Try making a 'borderless' window and just use your own graphic background
> image within it. I think the actual window has to have corners, though,
and
> you probably can't make them transparent, so you'll need to match the bg
it
> appears in. In other words, you 'fake' it. It APPEARS to be a 'skin'
object
> because of how it's painted and manipulated. I'm working with this sort
of
> thing myself. I'll post my results here or send off list, if you prefer,
> when I get to an appropriate point in my experiments with RR.
>
> HTH,
> Ken N.

I wonder...  is it possible to use a Rev command to do a snapshot of the
desktop, but only the area that is behind the Rev application using its
rect coordinates?  Then... import that cropped image into the applications
background, making the app appear to be invisible. Hmmm... Can a script do
this magic?

~Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>