Mac menubar question

depstein at att.net depstein at att.net
Mon Feb 4 09:44:01 EST 2002

A group of buttons can be used as a Mac menubar, but
there are some differences in behavior between how those
menus work and how the buttons work if they are used
directly, e.g., displayed in a palette.  It appears that
I cannot change the contents of a Mac menubar menu "on
mousedown," while I can do that if the button itself is
pressed from a palette.  And the Mac menubar doesn't
seem to set the "menuHistory," while the button itself
does.

I conclude that some subset of button functions works
when the button is in the Mac menubar.  Has someone
documented exactly what that subset is?

Many thanks.

David Epstein