developing on shared stacks

Klaus Major k_major at os.surf2000.de
Tue Dec 31 16:28:01 EST 2002

Hi Dar,

> I've been having trouble with version branching emerging from my
> habits.  I work on the same stack on OS X and on XP.  Sometimes on
> other systems.  Unfortunately they diverge.
> To address this, I'm planning on putting them in one place and
> accessing the same stack.  That means I might work on a stack from OS
> X one day and then work on it from XP the next day.
> I assume the stack is written only upon save.
> Any potential problems?
> I can share from my XP, and with a little work, from OS X.  (OS X 10.2
> can share user folders with Windows easily; shareware is needed to
> create other shares.)
> Is there an advantage to sharing from one or the other?  (such as
> mailing stacks to others from OS X and getting the type sent, too)
>
> Dar Scott

i do it all day, so to say :-)

The stacks are hosted on an OS 9.x AppleShare server and acced
via OS X and win 98 and 2000.

No problems so far.

OS X also looks for the extension (*.mc) before
this annoying dialog pops up, asking what appp to use etc...

Looks like these times are gone forever :-)
Love that... :-)

Hey, there is James Brown with some older live-performance
on the german TV... (Living in america :-)... (3 Sat ;-)

I hope you all have a good time on this special evening :-)

Have a very big party everyone !!! (I do !!!)

Regards

Klaus Major
k_major at os.surf2000.de