redrawing buttons - animation

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 31 13:30:01 EST 2002

--- sean nicholas harper <snharper at cs.uchicago.edu>
wrote:
> So I have this button and it has a pretty color
> icon. I want to move the
> button around the screen (not using animation
> manager). So I have a loop
> that changes the location of the button.
>
> Now, it works fine in the debugger, but not outside
> the debugger. This
> leads me to suspect that I need to tell Runtime to
> refresh the screen or
> something.
>
> How do I do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

Hi Sean,

Instead of setting the location in a loop, why not use
the 'move' command? You might also want to have a look
at the 'lock moves' and 'unlock moves' entries in the
Transcript Dictionary.
These form the heart of the Animation Manager, but can
be used on their own, and shouldn't have a redraw
problem.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====