Filter items

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue Dec 31 09:57:01 EST 2002

On Dienstag, Dez 31, 2002, at 15:31 Europe/Zurich, Mike Brown wrote:

>   ask file "Import image:" with filter "JPEG file,*.jpg"
>
> This filter limits the import to jpegs only... How can I allow the
> user to
> see other file types such as Gifs, PDFs, Rev docs, etc...

ask file "Give Gifs" with filter "blah only gifs blah,*.gif"

the text is not important as long as it does not contain a comma (,)
but after the comma must stand: asterix point <appendix> where as
appendix can be any, well, appendix e.g. : gif jpg html txt exe png ...

for multiple entries:

ask file "pictures please" with filter "gif, *.gif, jpeg, *.jpg, bmp,
*.bmp, png , *,png"

see your documentation (the rightmost button on the toolbar) under "ask
file" for more info and to see how to filter filenames under Mac OS.

Bjoernke von Gierke