OT: MP4 from the web

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Dec 31 00:22:01 EST 2002

Anyone know about serving MP4 over the web?

I put a movie on our server saved as MP4... but if I set the file name
of  the player to it's URL, it doesn't work. We don't have QT streaming
yet, but I was still hoping our broad band users could view this on
PORT 80 with HTTP and start seeing it as sson as enough got buffered...
(yes, i know that's bad... but all we got right now, won't be that many
hits) It also doesn't work from a web page or from QT player either.
The movie is fine... if I set the file name of the player to the same
movie sitting on a server on the LAN, it plays just fine. Does the
server need to be configured to serve MP4? if you know anything, please
email me off list. I also posted to the quicktime-talk list at apple.
But thought you wizards might know... btw... there's an OT thread going
on that list about about iShell vs Director...maybe we should jump into
plug Rev? (or wait until 2.0 is out and is really solid?)

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
katir at hindu.org

www.HimalayanAcademy.com,