Yet another menu question

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Mon Dec 30 07:57:34 EST 2002

On Montag, Dez 30, 2002, at 12:50 Europe/Zurich, Graham Samuel wrote:

>  set line 1 of the text of button "Options" of card 1 of this stack to
> "Blah"
>
> I get an error "Object can't set this property".
>
> What am I doing wrong?

1. You cannot use the "set" command on text.
Use: put "Blah" into line 1 of the text of field "Options"
Or shorter: put "Blah" into line 1 of field "Options"

2. A button has no text (or it is irrelevant) use "set the label of..."
or "set the name of..."

3. the label and the name of a button always have only one line

You surely mixed a lot of things :)

hope it helped

Björnke von Gierke