Debugging from the start

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Mon Dec 30 07:57:01 EST 2002

On Montag, Dez 30, 2002, at 12:44 Europe/Zurich, Graham Samuel wrote:

> Doubtless this is a naive question, but how can I trace the action of
> a stack from the moment of opening (I mean starting with its startup
> or at least its preOpenStack handler). AFAIKS I can only open the
> Script Debug Window for a given stack after that stack has been
> opened. Can't find anything in the docs about this.

I am not sure if that helps, but you can simulate any message by just
typing it into the messagebox, when the right stack is the front most (
Its name shows top right in the messagebox) i.e.:
preOpenStack
or if you do not want to/cant have the stack front most:
send preOpenStack to stack "I am a Stack"

nice little trick Jeanne told me on this list some months ago

Björnke von Gierke